When pressed for time or thrust in the midst of chaos, whatever is a girl to do? Fret not – don’t despair…
(What Would Barbarella Do?)
Keep calm, and breathe. Namaste. (Nothing good ever came of haste.) While Barbarella may not have stopped in her tracks for a quick meditation session or downward dog into chaturanga dandasana into cobra, we modern ladies can do what we want before we get down into the nitty-gritty.
That’s where asking yourself WWBD? comes in. What would Barbarella – the girl’s ultimate heroine – do? Waste a moment more on indecisiveness over her beauty routine before saving the world? Never; we can’t let men think they’re the only superheroes in this world when we can do the job equally well (or twice better…).
Here’s five fabulous secret beauty weapons that would have made Barbarella proud: let this be your arsenal for for a fool-proof routine that gets you feeling good and out the door in less time than it takes good ol’ Barb to shimmy into those thigh-high boots. The key is knowing the basics and keeping things minimal; less will always be more.
Here’s to Barbarella, heroines, late mornings, and to the girl, au naturel -
1. Moisturizer with SPF. I don’t believe in foundation if you’re under the age of 30. You don’t need it, period – spot conceal only if absolutely necessary. My personal philosophy is letting the skin breathe, spots or not. Perfection is boring. Sure, I might be lazier than most girls, but I’m a huge stickler for a natural, dewy complexion that comes with a good moisturizer.
2. Tarte Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Mineral Bronzer. Perfect for a bit of perk, color, glow and contour at your perusal. Gently dust all over for a bit of sun-kissed color, or sweep in a three/”E” motion on either side of your face for a natural but sculpted look. I love how just the tiniest sweep of bronzer can wake up the complexion. And since we’re time-saving warriors, bronzer doubles as the perfect eyeshadow when you’re in a pinch.
3. Eye lash curler. I don’t know what life was like pre-eye lash curler days… crude? Barbaric? All of the above? Anyway, it makes a huge difference. Huge. Even if it’s all you do (after brushing your teeth and washing your face, of course), you’ll look that much more fantastic.
4. Mascara. Mascara is like the push-up bra for the face. Need I say more?
5. Buxom Lip Creams. Big ‘n healthy is the claim. Deliciously delectable (in every which sense, if you know what I mean), too.
. . .